Difficulty setting up Fedora 12 screen

Dick Roark linuxguy.sg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 04:59:43 UTC 2009

After installing Fedora 12 I am having problems setting up 1280x1024
screen resolution.  Only 640x480 and 800x600 are available. I was
using F11 at 1280x1024 on this hardware before upgrading to F12.
After that, so far no joy.  I would appreciate any helpful info.  I
have also tried using various configurations of the xorg.conf and
xrandr without success.   Obviously, I'm missing something.  I feel
certain that the fix is right under my nose but so far, nothing works.

Dick Roark

Here is my xorg.conf file:

-------------------------------------

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "single head configuration"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# keyboard added by system-config-display
    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
    Driver      "kbd"
    Option        "XkbModel" "pc105+inet"
    Option        "XkbLayout" "us"