Installing Fedora-12 from USB

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 9 20:07:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 14:08 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 21:58 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> What is the rational for demanding that /root be a directory on /, and
> >> not a
> >> separate partition?  See at:
> >> <http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/pix/root-not-allowed.jpg>
> > ----
> > I would presume that with runlevel 1 (single user mode), that it would
> > be a problem to run as root and root's home directory is not available.
> >
> Why would it be missing? The /root mount point would be there, the home
> directory would just be empty, and that's not an issue.
----
good point

I think that actually provides more of the actual reason why anaconda
doesn't permit a /root mounted partition though because it would toss
the logs into /root and the mount would hide the logs (but of course
anaconda could probably move the files to the mounted partition but that
would require more coding.

Craig

believed to be clean.