Spamassassin Queston.

Reg Clemens reg at dwf.com
Thu Dec 10 00:25:10 UTC 2009

I understood the interaction between Dcc and Spamassassin several years ago
when
I set up my machine as a 32bit mail server.  Recently I upgraded the machine
64bit Fedora-11, and I frankly don't understand the interaction between Dcc and
Spamassassin in the code.

Both are invoked via a .procmailrc file, the significant part of which is:

---

# DCC Processing ....................

:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/dccproc

# SpamAssassin Processing............

:0fw
| /usr/bin/spamc

# Spam to file or /dev/null..........

:0:
|$RCV +SpamX

:0:
* ! ^Message-Id: [ ]*<[^ <>@]+@[^ <>@]+>[ ]*$
|$RCV +SpamX

---

Previous to this are lines to either accept or toss mail from specific
locations/ or Subjects/
or List-IDs.  After this I look at the remaining mail.

---

So my question:  Does SpamAssassin actually look at the
    X-DCC-dcc ... Metrics
line that Dcc installs in the file and use it as information in creating its
line.

That seems to be the case, but its been a long time, and I really don't
remember how
these things interact. Everything SEEMS to be working.
I promise to write down whats happening this time...
--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com