corrupt file system

Christian Langer clanger.christian at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:07:03 UTC 2009

Well, I can't recall the exact error message. It doesn't happen every time I
boot. However, I did indeed get sent to the root shell. I googled the
message last nite and found an entry said try fsck. I did, and got the
reply, "Running fsck on a mounted disk can severely damage your filesystem,
do you want to continue? I said no.

Chris

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-12-10 at 10:36 -0600, Christian Langer wrote:
> > If I start fedora 12, and I get a message like "corrupt filesystem,
> > going to shell", what might one do to correct it? Thanks,
>
> Where does the message appear and what exactly does it say? If it
> happens at boot time, it will usually drop you into a root shell from
> which you can run fsck.
>
> poc
>
> --

Chris Langer