Request for Input on Creating Linux Courses...

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Fri Dec 11 09:25:00 UTC 2009

Finally got the go ahead to create two Linux courses to our College program.
Have included Linux in my lab since Redhat 9 thru the current Fedora 12, but
have just been able to show students little bits of it from time to time, since
the program is geared to mostly windows and some courses using AS/400
mini system.

The Ideal is to over a beginning Linux course, and an second level course as
a start. In the networking class, I have one 4 hour section where the students
go thru the installation of various Linux OS's,  and they can use the Fedora,
but many students still stay with windows.

Was wondering if people on the list might have some knowledge of material
that would best meet the needs of a community college program.

Last year I did work with 3 students on a Special project involving my G4L
disk imaging project, and it was interesting, but very focused.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The Ideal is to have it ready
for Fall 2010.

Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
SETI 8,967,609.551 | EINSTEIN 3,399,932.971 | ROSETTA 1,533,336.385