Fedora Live USB, boot hangs after bootloader

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 12 16:56:47 UTC 2009

I am trying to boot from a USB stick with F12 KDE.
I've used livecd-iso-to-disk and tried to reformat the USB disk as well.

No errors reported by livecd-iso-to-disk,

but after the grub menu shows up, it hangs as soon as it tried to load linux.
the screen stays on the menu page, and no error is printed whatsoever.

If I try to test the memory, it works fine, there is an issue in loading the linux kernel.

If it were a BIOS problem, I guess I should not even get to the list.