How do I load mp3s on my iPhone in F12 ? And other iPhone/F12 questions.

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 23:00:27 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-12 at 15:39 -0700, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> How do I load mp3s onto my iPhone in F12  ?

Executive summary: you can't. Unlike many phones, the iPhone doesn't
behave as a simple disk drive. There's no way to mount it, the
connection protocol is secret, and Apple have no interest in supporting
Linux. You could use a VM running Windows of course, but it needs to be
one that supports USB devices (see recent thread on this list).

Alternatively, you could jailbreak the phone and copy files using scp. I
don't know if the phone will then recognize them as something it can
play, but I wouldn't bet on it.

> Is there a way to use an iPhone as a data modem via Bluetooth ?

Tethering can be done on jailbroken phones or on some very limited set
of carriers blessed by Apple.

> Is there a way to have a Bluetooth phone operate with F12 like it does
> with Microsoft Sync in a car ?

I have no idea what that means.

poc