Fedora 12: No flash plugin

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 11:56:33 UTC 2009

--- On Sun, 12/13/09, Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org> wrote:

> From: Simon Schneebeli <simon.schneebeli at okko.org>
> Subject: Fedora 12: No flash plugin
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Sunday, December 13, 2009, 4:21 AM
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to Fedora and am trying to get everything working
> on a fresh Fedora 12 install.
>
> Based on http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Flash I
> tried to install the Flash plugin. But when I try

> -c 'rpm -ivh adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm'
>
> I get the following:
>

>    error: open of
> adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm failed: No such file or
> directory
>
> Did anyone experience a similar problem?
>
> Simon

Maybe a typo?

Try
# rpm -ivh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm

# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux

then

# yum install flash-plugin

Report back to see if this did the trick.

There are many excellent pages out there to help users like FedoraFaq, and FedoraForum as well.  There is also the following page which has been very helpful for many users:

http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f12.html

Regards,

Antonio