I upgraded to F12 and I can only run a console session. Help ! (wifii administration from a console ?)

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 14:34:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Julian Aloofi <
julian.fedoralists at googlemail.com> wrote:

> > I think i could rectify the situation if I ran yum update but I don't
> have a
> > wifi connection from the console session. How does one administer a wifi
> > connection from the command line in F12 ?  I know my SSID, etc,  but how
> do
> > I set it from the command line ?
>
> If you have it installed by any chance, cnetworkmanager does a great job
> for
> this. If not, you could just "yumdownloader cnetworkmanager" on another
> machine and copy the RPM over with an USB stick and install it, all
> dependencies should be met when you installed a normal desktop system.

I installed cnetwork manager and I can't get a wifi connection for some
reason.  I invoke cnetworkmanager -C <myISSD> options and hangs.

So I got out a network cable and plugged into my router.   I can ping the
router the router just fine (192.168.0.1) but as soon as I try to reach
anything beyond that (ping www.google.com) I get an unknown host error.
Why and how do I fix that ?  cnetworkmanager shows eth0 to up activated.

Thanks