kernel error message from pulseaudio

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:31:27 UTC 2009

2009/12/14 Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com>:
> I see lots of the following message
>
> Dec 13 23:56:17 localhost pulseaudio[2050]: alsa-mixer.c: Your kernel driver
> is broken: it reports a volume range from 18.00 dB to 18.00 dB which makes
> no sense.
etc.

> Can anyone tell me what the cause of this is and how ti fix it?

As it suggests your kernel driver is reporting incorrect information
to the mixer. It will need to be fixed, the best thing you can do is
file a bug against the kernel in Fedora bugzilla and attach the file
generated by running:

alsa-info.sh --no-upload

And including this dmesg error and a description of any other sound
related problems you have that might be relevant.

--
imalone