F10 rpm of grub2 completely broken

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:26:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 12:11:25 -0500, Gene wrote:

> >> click on a window close button, pick up empty coffee cup & walk to
> >> kitchen & refill it, get back to viewing the monitor in about a minute
> >> and another 30 seconds goes by before the window closes.  That is slow by
> >> any definition.
> >
> >More importantly, this doesn't sound normal by any definition. What you
> >describe is not supposed to be like that, not when comparing 32-bit F10
> >with 64-bit F12 and not either when taking into account any 3rd party
> >video drivers. It should be rather obvious that you've run into some
> >special problem.
>
> I wish it was, but my posts to this list about it were ignored for a week,

Can't comment on those posts. Haven't read them. Can't find them in
the archives when searching for "Gene Heskett".

November
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-November/author.html

Several messages about F10, nothing about F11. Ranting about the
openssl issue without any comment on the relevant bugzilla ticket
that tracks the issue.

December
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-December/author.html

No specific thread about Fedora 12 performance problems.
A couple of replies to other threads. Is it in any of those replies?
GRUB chainload config problems. Then the F10 grub2 bitching thread.

Side-note about your "Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from
grub." thread.  The partitioning details are confusing, contradictory,
inaccurate and incomplete. First impression is that you misconfigured the
grub.conf completely. The post is long, but missing the most important
step. To accurately collect the configuration details _prior to_ jumping
to wild conclusions. I would have asked a couple of questions in thread
thread, in particular because error 13 is explained in the manual.

> and generally so were the posts bitching about the grub2 rpm being supplied,
> its broken in that it only searches the boot its booted from.

What is the ticket number in bugzilla?

You started one of your recent posts with "This should be bugzilla'd",
but you didn't report the problem in bugzilla, did you?

I looked up http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/grub2 for the list of open
tickets, and the "Report..." link there is a very convenient way to
jump into bugzilla.

> Your treatment of redhat/fedora users with over a decade of use has finally
> reached the quitting point.  You refuse to fix openssh, hoping that would
> force me to install F12, and when I do and have problems, its go pound sand.

With all due respect, is that the best you have to offer? To bitch'n'moan
and to demonstrate ignorance?

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-December/msg01145.html