Fedora 12: No flash plugin

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli at okko.org
Mon Dec 14 20:11:32 UTC 2009

On 12/14/2009 08:31 PM, Craig White wrote:

>> Something is still not working. Here's what I get:
>>
>> [root at sangam simon]# rpm -ivh
>> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
>>
>> Retrieving
>> http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
>> Preparing...                ###########################################
>> [100%]
>>       package adobe-release-i386-1.0-1.noarch is already installed
>> [root at sangam simon]# rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
>> error: /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux: import failed.
>>
>> Any idea what is wrong?
>>
>> Simon
>>

>> PS: As I try out Fedora after having used Ubuntu for over three years,
>> there is one thing I appreciated about Ubuntu: The centralisation of
>> repositories. I think it happened about twice that I had to add
>> repositories to the standard ones. On my computer, I just need Flash,
>> mp3 and video-codecs. On Ubuntu that takes now about three clicks and
>> they are installed. I know, this is also a question of philosophy and a
>> legal considerations, but still, ... For the rest, Fedora works quite a
>> bit better on my computer than Ubuntu.
>>
> ----
> Ubuntu and Fedora do some things differently - no big deal.
>
> If you've already got the adobe-release package installed, you must have
> already installed the key. I don't see a problem with the above.
>
> yum install flash-plugin
> yum install AdobeReader_enu
>
> ? what doesn't work?
>
> Craig

Hm...

[root at sangam simon]# yum install flash-plugin
Loaded plugins: presto, protectbase, refresh-packagekit
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Install Process
No package flash-plugin available.
Nothing to do
[root at sangam simon]# yum install AdobeReader-enu
Loaded plugins: presto, protectbase, refresh-packagekit
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
Setting up Install Process
No package AdobeReader-enu available.
Nothing to do
[root at sangam simon]#