Fedora 12: No flash plugin

Simon Schneebeli simon.schneebeli at okko.org
Mon Dec 14 20:30:06 UTC 2009

On 12/14/2009 09:22 PM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:
> On 14/12/09 20:11, Simon Schneebeli wrote:
>
> --snipped--
>

>> [root at sangam simon]# yum install flash-plugin
>> Loaded plugins: presto, protectbase, refresh-packagekit
>> 0 packages excluded due to repository protections
>> Setting up Install Process
>> No package flash-plugin available.
>> Nothing to do
>>
> --snipped--
>
> What does
> # yum repolist    say?

Nothing at all.
> try use su\sudo instead of root if possible.

I know. I'm used to sudo, but I guess that on Fedora I first have to
install something because right now I just get
[simon at sangam ~]$ sudo yum repolist
[sudo] password for simon:
Sorry, try again.
[sudo] password for simon:
simon is not in the sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.
[simon at sangam ~]$

Just didn't had time yet to find out how to add myself to the sudoers list.

> If completely confused just use autoten
> http://dnmouse.org

That looks quite much like what I need right now to get familiar with
Fedora. Many thanks.