How to make a Huawei 1692 3g card work

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 07:25:51 UTC 2009

2009/12/14 Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) <frankly3d at gmail.com>:
> --snip--
>>
>>  Bug 541686 -  Huawei 1692 is not recognized as a 3G card with standard
>> file
>>
>> already reported, but now it is worst, as it seems not be working at
>> all...
>> I mean:
>> in F11 it was working with tuning usb_modeswitch.conf file
>> in F12 it was working with same tuning and not with what was
>> originally included in usb_modeswitch.conf file
>> now it is not working any more
>>

> There may? be some info here of help.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/linux/+bug/446146?comments=all
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Frank Murphy
> UTF_8 Encoded.
>
> --

Tnx Frank, very useful...I will read carefully and hope to find the
solution.I don't understand why sometimes there are these sorts of
regressions, Huawei brand probably is the most important in the 3G
business...
And I don't understand also why a dong must be recognized as an USB
mass storage and then switch to a modem...

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag
SIP: antoniomontag at ekiga.net