Help: No internet connection

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 16 14:45:35 UTC 2009

On 12/16/2009 07:16 AM, Simon Schneebeli wrote:
> Well, since I can surf the web with Opera and use Skype but not
> Firefox, Evolution and Thuderbird, the connection between the computer
> and my wireless ADSL modem as well as between the modem and the web
> work. I just don't understand why some applications can't connect. But
> I agree that it probably is linked to the configuration of the modem.
> I hope that I'll find time this evening to work more on it.
>
> Also to mention: Connection through cable works perfect. It's just the
> wireless that blocs some connections.
>
> Simon
>
> On 12/16/2009 02:59 AM, Jim wrote:
>> On 12/15/2009 08:36 PM, Robert Collard wrote:
>>> May sound silly, but  have you turned off your home modem or reset it
>>> lately?  Sometimes that is all it takes.
>> To add to that, if you add a router, a computer and the Mac# changes
>> some of these Internet Modems have to be reset to reconize the new
>> Mac# from a added
>> router, computer

If what you say is that you can get some websites but not others ??

You may have a IPV6 problem.

If you use KDE see if Konqueror has the same problem as Firefox.

I have attached some instructions, follow the instructions on firefox ,
near bottom of page.

If you have problems with Konqueror or performing a rpm -ivh http:// *
follow all of the instructions.