Fedora mailing list migration

Frode Petersen fropeter at online.no
Wed Dec 16 21:54:54 UTC 2009

Jon Stanley skrev:

> All of your mail filters
> that rely on the List-ID header will break on these days, and
> adjustments on your part will be required.  We apologize for the
> inconvenience.  For your convenience, I've posted a mapping of old
> list names to new list names [2] as well as a PDF version[3]

snip...

> [1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2009-January/msg00012.html
> [2] http://jstanley.fedorapeople.org/mlmigration.ods
> [3] http://jstanley.fedorapeople.org/mlmigration.pdf
> [4] https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/

A minor confusion here...
I noted that the new ID's do not include any information on the source
of the lists. I.e. 'Fedora-music-list' becomes just 'music'. Isn't this
a bit too generic and a source for conflicts with lists from other sources?

As an alternative, will the sender header format be
[new-maillist-name-according-to-mapping]@fedoraproject.org
?

Frode Petersen