Script for configuring ClamAV server

Chris Smart mail at christophersmart.com
Thu Dec 17 04:23:48 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm not sure if something like this already exists or if there's a
sanctioned way to do it, but I've written a script to configure
instances of clamav-server on Fedora 12.

AFAIK the current process is manual, with configuration files (and the
instructions on what to do) sitting under
/usr/share/doc/clamav-server-[version]/. I've just taken those and
written a script to automate it.

The script can create or remove an instance of clamd for a specific
user on a specific port (if specified, else it defaults to user
"clamav" on port "3310") and will automatically install required
packages if necessary.

Anyway in case of use to anyone else, it's available on github:
"http://github.com/csmart/naa/blob/master/configure-clamd.sh"

If you have any comments, please feel free to let me know. An entry
about it is on my blog is here:
"http://blog.christophersmart.com/2009/12/17/script-for-configuring-clamav-server-on-fedora/"

Cheers,
Chris