corrupt image of kernal

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 13:41:40 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 17:50 +0530, sandeep Patel wrote:
> I have downloaded the fedora 12 x86_64 dvd iso image.and i was trying
> to install it on my laptop.there was an error.it showed corrupt image
> of kernal.
> Please suggest me. What should i do?

Did you verify the checksum of the downloaded image against the values
on http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora ? If not, do so. If there's
any discrepancy, throw away the downloaded image and start again. Use
the above page as a source, just to be sure (and repeat the checksum
verify step when you're done).

Once the checksum verifies correctly, reboot using a DVD burned with
that image. The first thing you see is a dialogue asking if you want to
check the DVD. Do *not* skip this step. Even if the image is fine, the
DVD may not be. It only takes a few minutes to check and you only need
to do it once (for any physical DVD). If it passes the test, the
installation should work. If it doesn't, try to note the exact messages
you get. You can see more info by switching to another console (press
Ctrl-Alt-Fn for several values of n to see the alternatives).

poc