Saving Tbird e-mail files? -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Dec 17 21:33:06 UTC 2009

    There must be a way to save/export/import Thunderbirds email files
    when going from F-11 to F-12! I have never been able to do this
    despite suggestions to simply move the Thunderbirds "Mail" files.
    Every six months or so I lose all the mail when I upgrade Fedora and
    reinstall Thunderbirds,

    I usually have two Fedora computers as is the case now. I would like
    to move the mail from the F-11 box to the new F-12 installation on a
    second computer. The Thunderbirds mail import function looks for
    something in "Communicator 4x" or some such thing but is very
    inflexible. "Communicator 4x" doesn't exist on any of my computers!

    Is there  a known working procedure to accomplish this. I routinely
    transfer files between them via sftp and nfs. But those mail files
    defy all my attempts.

    Any help appreciated.

    Bob