F12 Live CHECKSUM failing

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Thu Dec 17 22:00:35 UTC 2009

On 12/17/2009 11:02 AM, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>> This has been discussed before on the list.
>>
>> The header indicates that the checksum file _itself_ was signed with
>> an SHA1 checksum.  The checksums _inside_ the checksum file are the
>> SHA256 checksums of the various .iso images.
>
> And this is why we added the large red warning about this to the web
> page on verification: https://fedoraproject.org/verify :)

I know that and you know that, but there seems to be a lot of folk
who haven't seen the page, forgotten about it or are simply confused.

"We will continue to repeat this until you either surrender, concur or
go insane." --The Department of Redundancy Department
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -