Saving Tbird e-mail files? -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 19 23:21:31 UTC 2009

On 19/12/09 17:08, Mike Cloaked wrote:

> Mike Cloaked wrote:
>

>> This is not directly related to the dovecot imap server that you will have
>> set up on your own machine. You can get Thunderbird to (separately)
>> connect to you own imap server if you set up a "local" imap account
>> pointing to 127.0.0.1 and have the dovecot service running locally (i.e.
>> make sure that as root "dovecot service start", and "chkconfig dovecot on"
>> to start it at boot - and check that the service is running by "service
>> dovecot status")
>>

> Sorry there was a typo  in the above should have been "service dovecot
> start" and not "dovecot service start" !!

The typo is no problem, I've already found service dovecto
status/start/stop/.

This is not clear to me yet, do I need dovecot on a second computer to
set up a "local account?" Do I need a t'bird IMAP account on each
computer? Confusion reigns at this point but fear not I will get it
eventually.

I am sending this from the F12 [dovecot]. Now to see if it will send. I
collected your message so that much is working. We are having rain and
snow in Virginia and my tiny ku band transmitter has trouble reaching
the satellite. I'll try to send again later .

Thanks.

Bob