thunderbird question with gmail

Paolo Galtieri pgaltieri at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 14:17:39 UTC 2009

Last Friday I was trying to download all my gmail email from google down to
my PC.  I succeeded in getting everything from June of 2008 to July of
2009.  I had to stop at that point since I had to leave for the airport.
When I tried today it told me there was nothing to do which of course is
wrong since there is email from July 2009 to Dec 2009 to pull.  When I set
the "pop for all mail" option in gmail  I was able to resume downloading
email except that it started from June 2008, so now I have several hundred
duplicate email messages.  How do I download the July 2009 - Dec 2009 emails
without having to delete the June 2008 to July 2009 emails from gmail?  The
only other option in gmail is the "pop for mail that arrives from now on"
which starts from the current time.  Obviously I can delete all the already
downloaded email and start over, but I was hoping for a better way.

Thanks,
Paolo