WTF is wrong with thunderbird????

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Dec 22 00:59:37 UTC 2009

On 12/22/2009 01:23 AM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> On 12/21/2009 05:08 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Welcome to the club - You seem to be facing the same issues as I have
>> been facing ever since the TB3 betas hit Fedora.
>>
>> After things had somewhat smoothed since the inital Fedora release, with
>> TB-3.0 (final) last week, things once again turn into "close to being
>> unbearable/unusable".
>>
>> Unfortunately, I don't know if who the culprit actually is:
>> dovecot, TB3 or x86_64 or else.
>
> Me neither.  I had none of these problems with the betas.  Then again, I
> wasn't using mail filters then either.  Now I am, and I'm also running
> the new TB3.  My server has been running dovecot-1.2.8-4.0.cf
> (I've been putting off the atrpms 1.2.9 update hoping that city-fan
> would also put a 1.2.9 up for update.)  The only *recent* change has
> been the new TB3 and the mail filters.

Are you running thunderbird on the same machine as dovecot or are they
running on separate machines?

In my setup, I usually run thunderbird and dovecot-imap on the same
x86_64 machine.

Throughout yesterday, I worked on a different, i386-machine accessing
dovecot-imap on my x86_64-machine, and haven't observed one these issues
(yet?).

Ralf