Why no Samba updates?

KC8LDO kc8ldo at arrl.net
Thu Dec 24 09:43:42 UTC 2009

Due to the continuing problems I'm having with Samba on my F11 box I looked
to see if there are any updates, seems there are, but its not reflected in
the official Fedora repo's.

The latest version of one RPM I see, using yumexm, is
"samba-3.4.2-0.42.fc11". However there appears to be a newer one
"samba-3.4.3-0.44.fc11" on this site:

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3?stat=26&dist=68&size=5059432&name=samba-3.4.3-0.44.fc11.i586.rpm

So what is going on here? The updated packages not getting into the official
repo's now? I really don't want to have to chase down individual packages
and install them manually when the system should be doing it for me.

Regards;

Leland C. Scott
KC8LDO