wireless problem.

Adrin Jalali adrin.jalali at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 19:12:12 UTC 2009

Hi there.
I'm using fedora 12. I have a broadcom wireless  card and I can not use it.
I used it very well with fedora 11 and earlier. I used to install akmod-wl
and broadcom-wl. But something  is strange. My network manager understands
that I have a card, but that card can not see any network. Furthermore
iwlist scan shows me empty result set. Another thing is that when I try to
disable wireless with network manager or try to start a virtual machine
using qemu/kvm or VMWare workstation, both with a machine which has a
network kard, my kernel crashes and I should restart my computer with
hardware button of my case. I only can rmmod wl and then I can start those
machines. I think that problem is originated by wireless firmware which is
not opensource (as I think) because I can plug a USB DLink wireless card and
work with it with no problem. But as I had not this problem with previous
kernels I think someone can fix it, or tell me a workarround.

Best Regards,
Adrin.