[Fedora] Re: IBM Netfinity 5000

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Dec 26 09:00:41 UTC 2009

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Then I would have to assume there is a hardware problem that memtest86 didn't
> exercise.  But without being there, with schematics and my scope, I'm afraid
> I can't be any more help.  My scope is probably too slow anyway, its just the
> usual dual trace 100mhz half computerized Hitachi, good to 200 mhz but of
> course way out of calibration by then.

    I can't help but make the assumption that it was the boot up process
in initrd because any other disk I tried booted up past that.  I even
re-burned that disk just to make sure and got the same result; it would
lock up at random points during those dots that show up ...

    However, it's all a moot point now.  I got the system up and
running, and configured.  It's already in production with no problems.

    Thanks for all the insight!