[Fedora] Re: IBM Netfinity 5000

Jack Lauman jlauman at nwcascades.com
Sat Dec 26 23:14:24 UTC 2009

I had four of them. They came from IBM with the service partition
installed. They also came with a set of SmartStart 8+ CD's for NetWare,
NT4, SCO, AIX, etc. in the event you needed to restore them to their
factory configuration following a disk failure.

If the factory software is missing from the service partition or is
corrupted that's what your problem is.

Compaq rack mount DL-360's behave exactly the same way your describing
when their service partition is corrupted or missing. When configured
correctly Fedora 11 installs without incident.

Jack