AGP?

john wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 27 18:23:07 UTC 2009

On 12/27/2009 08:58 AM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, john wendel wrote:
>
>> On 12/26/2009 03:59 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>
>>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_18897.html lists GeForce FX 5200LE
>>> 0x0323
>>> as "legacy".
>>> Does that mean I shouldn't even try for 3D acceleration?
>>>

>> Use the Nvidia 173.14.22 series drivers for your FX 5200. 3D won't be
>> spectacular, but it will be useable.
>
> Thanks.
> Is it something I can do with yum and rpmfusion?
> I'm able to work outside the package system,
> but I always find it a struggle.

kmod-nvidia on rpmfusion

See <http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1114782&postcount=2>
for complete instructions. You need the section "For GeForce FX cards".

I just tried it on an old box with an FX 5200 running the "nouveau"
driver on F11. Seems to work fine. I used the "Blacklist the nouveau
driver" section to keep nouveau from loading. You may not need to do this.

Regards,

John