how to increase the number of cirtual desktops?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Dec 28 01:15:33 UTC 2009

Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   i'm embarrassed to ask this, but how does one increase the number of
> virtual desktops in f12?  used to be there were 4, but with f12, after
> a fresh install, there's only 2 and i've poked around under
> System->Prefs and don't see a setting for that.

Related to that, I also keep a fair number of desktops, and I find that they
take more of my taskbar than I wish to give them. My solution was to put a tray
(aka drawer) on the taskbar, and put the desktop switcher in that. I usually
leave it open, but I can gain the space it takes just by closing the drawer.

Then I have room for the monitor app on the taskbar, so I can quickly see if the
system is running badly.  ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>