Problem with gstreamer

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 22:49:34 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:10 PM, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at gmail.com> wrote:

> The -devel in the name means that these are
> optional packages needed by software developers, including people who
> (re)compile/(re)build software packages from source code.

Is that why I have:

rpm -q /var/lib/yum/yumdb/g/(checksum?)-gstreamer-devel-0.10.25.1-2.fc12-x86_64/checksum_data

package is not installed

 Or is it a syntax problem? If not, it's strange that it is downloaded
by default and not installed.

Any idea as to why Rythmbox isn't working after the upgrade F11 to F12
of a 64 bit system?

I also recently switched from Flash 64 bit to Flash 32 bit and some
more 32 bit packages were installed in the process.

Any suggestion on how to troubleshoot the problem would be appreciated.