RAID 1 Mismatches

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Dec 29 14:27:27 UTC 2009

Rick Wagner on 12/28/2009 09:41 PM wrote:
> 1) Where can the errors be coming from?  I would understand if a drive were
> reporting errors.  Could it be during boot, one of the R-1 members is being
> written too before MD is started?

If you have X running, you can start palimpset and view SMART data. If
you don't have X running, you can run "devkit-disks --dump" to view
SMART data. Look for "reallocated sectors", "uncorrectable sectors", or
"pending sectors", and if they are not showing 0 for current value, then
you have bad sectors forming.