small gripe -- for Fedora, or KDE, or ....?

BeartoothHOS beartooth at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 15:36:37 UTC 2009

	I run Gnome, and have a strong if irrational allergy to KDE in
general; but there are several apps (such as Konqueror for man pages, and
K3B) that I use so much that I make sure to get them even if I have to
install all of KDE to do it. I might well use, or at least try, several
more, if I didn't have to interrupt what I'm concentrating on ..

	But for as long as I can remember, there have been two kinds of
entries in the Main menu: ones that will tell you what they are or do if
you hover the cursor over them -- and ones that belong to KDE.

	Why the lacuna? Do KDE developers, like Apple developers, presume
that *everyone* already knows?

	Do they, like the poet Stefan George, want entanglements of
"barbed wire against the uncalled" [Stacheldraht wider Unberufene] around
their demesnes?

	Do they offer descriptions, which Fedora (a/o Fedora/Gnome) then
suppresses?? To whom ought one address a request for them??