RAID 1 Mismatches

Raman Gupta rocketraman at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 30 06:17:32 UTC 2009

On 12/29/2009 03:18 PM, Rick Wagner wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 December 2009 06:27:27 am Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Other replies also imply that this is common if you have swap or mmaped files
> on the MD.  swap is on separate partitions, but I suppose the system or
> service may have some mmaped files (this is the root partition).

I believe this will list the open memory-mapped files on your root
partition:

lsof -d mem -a +f -- /

Out of the resulting list you can probably eliminate libraries that
are being read but not written to. If /var is on your root filesystem,
then there will probably be a bunch of mmap'ed stuff in the various
directories inside /var.

Cheers,
Raman