GRUB2?

Tom H tomh0665 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 00:46:28 UTC 2009

>> To make an upstart job start at runlevels X and Y, you have to edit
>> the "start" line:
>> "start on runlevel [XY]"

> Except in older versions (like 0.3 and 0.6 too) is there a way to
> specify a dependency other than using a different run level ?

> If you want for example to start your sendmail milters before you
> startsendmail - how do you do that in upstart (pre 1.0) ?

I have not had to write a dependency-type upstart job but I assume
that "start on started sendmail" should do the trick. My one
reservation is that sendmail is an init script and not an upstart job
so I wonder whether upstart will consider it an event. It must,
hopefully; I have not had tried (or previously even considered trying)
to test such an interaction.