Unable To Install In Graphic Mode

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Dec 31 18:15:40 UTC 2009

On 12/31/2009 12:11 PM, David Dembrow wrote:
> Attempting to install fedora 12, I get a message that there is not
> enough memory to install in graphic mode and it reverts to a text mode
> and installs some prepackaged set of applications.  It is a system
> with 384 megabytes of memory and the graphic installer worked with
> fedora 11.
>
> How much memory does the graphic installer need and/or is there
> another way I can get to select a complete set of packages with the
> text based installer?

If you use the key choice at the boot menu of the installer to edit
options and add ' vnc' to the boot command line, then during the initial
installation configuration screens pick a viable network configuration
for your situation.  You will later be informed of the ip address and
screen to connect to the computer with vncviewer from another computer.
This is a good alternative to perform a graphic installation if you have
a local network to connect to and another computer available on that
network.