A great LAUGH for all Fedora users today

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Dec 31 23:39:13 UTC 2009

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 20:58 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

>> Having someone change the Linux root password would be better how? I guess I
>> don't know enough about Win7 to know why this is funny.

> One could always reboot to runlevel 1 and change back even the root
> passwd.

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tips/6752/1/

That didn't work at one time, level 1 in inittab called sulogin and prevented
the problem. Seems to have been lost going to all the rc.CRAP used currently,
I'm looking at fixing this, although my laptops are encrypted anyway.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>