error msgs during today's kernel update

Martin Airs camberwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:11:18 UTC 2009

On 12/01/2009 05:11 PM, fred smith wrote:
> doing today's updates gives this during the kernel update:
>
>    Installing     : kernel-PAE-2.6.31.6-145.fc12.i686                                                                  32/70
> W: Possible missing firmware aic94xx-seq.fw for module aic94xx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql8100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2500_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2400_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2322_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2300_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2200_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
> W: Possible missing firmware ql2100_fw.bin for module qla2xxx.ko
>
> I think these are wireless bits, no? If so they don't matter to me
> since my eeepc 901 has rt286sta, but still I've never seen these
> happen in earlier updates, so something looks wrong.

I got this as well, But I think/hope its harmless, it doesn't affect me
anyway

at the end of the day if one needed to use those modules I presume one
would just install the firmware bin's into /lib/firmware

tho why they choose to tell us about it during the update I don't know,
maybe they're actually meant to be there but aren't because they're
proprietary or something

Martin