Terminator (Gnome)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 17:11:17 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 17:58:49 -0600, Chris wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I love the above mentioned app - and in older versions I used to use,
> it never displayed a pop-up when ya close it.
>
> It just simply displays a black rectangle in the upper right hand
> corner of your screen with the unforgettable blurb, "I'll be back".

That's a GNOME desktop notification. In this case printed by
/usr/bin/terminator via pynotify -> notification-daemon.

Run   notify-send "I'll be back"   to produce a similar message.

> Anyways, without recompiling from source, has anyone found a way to
> turn this off? I have not seen it mentioned in the Terminator man page
> nor is it in the terminator_config man page.

Terminator is written in Python. No need to recompile. You could
simply modify /usr/bin/terminator where you'll find the message at
the bottom.