locale setup, LANG variable - strange

Michal rabbitko at tenbit.pl
Fri Dec 4 21:36:09 UTC 2009

Hallo Fedora Users!

Assume that I want to set up my fedora to polish locale.
Then in contol panel->Regional & language I set polish in:
1) in country & region language
2) keyboard languae

after relogging in this is enough but only for KDE applications.
non-kde applications still use sestem wide language (the one that is set
by applications->administration->language).

How to set them also to use polish.
I do not consider changing system wide language to polish.

I also noticed, that changing language only in "contol panel->Regional &
language" does not change LANG shell variable to polish. Maybe this will
lead to an answer?

Problem of course is related to any non-kde application, not only firefox.

have You got any ideas?

best regards,
Michal