provider for google calendar

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 01:31:02 UTC 2009

Suvayu,

on 12/04/2009 05:20 AM Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hello Oleksandr,
>
> On Thursday 03 December 2009 04:30 PM, suvayu ali wrote:
>> 2009/12/3 oleksandr korneta<atenrok at gmail.com>:
>>> Yes I'm talking about lightning calendar extension. Anyway, turns out some
>>> good people did package it and put in repository. But it is useless for me
>>> without the Provider  for google calendar. And this one is not packaged and
>>> cannot be instaled from mozilla's website. So, does anybody have similar
>>
>> I use both lightning and google calendars on Fedora 11 x86_64. Please
>> check before you curse. Right now I'm at work, I 'll post back with
>> the packages you need to install when I am home. Maybe someone will
>> post that information before I return from work.
>>

> I think there is some other problem with your installation. The
> thunderbird-lightning package for Fedora includes Google Calendar
> support. You don't have to install anything extra as you can see in the
> quoted output below.
>
>> 02:14|jallad at bhishma:~>rpm -ql thunderbird-lightning |grep -i google
>> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/components/calGoogleCalendarModule.js
>> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleCalendar.js
>> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleRequest.js
>> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleSession.js
>> /usr/lib64/thunderbird-lightning-gdata/js/calGoogleUtils.js

thanks for pointing that out. In fact I did look into rpm and saw
Google* stuff, but did not see any interface to link to calendars, and
my old calendars (I'm  using my old home directory) was disabled. This
is what confused me.

> This is with
> thunderbird-3.0-2.8.b4.fc11.x86_64
> thunderbird-lightning-1.0-0.8.20090715hg.fc11.x86_64
>
> Hopefully this will help you find the real problem.

indirectly it did. Turns out, I had my old "provider for google"
extension installed and the new installation from repository did not
update it (which is obvious, since the old one was installed in user
space ~/.mozilla). Thus I had the provider installed, but it was not
functional. Uninstalling the user's  extension did the trick and
lightning has asked for password for google account after thunderbirds
restart.

thanks to everybody helping

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F12 x86_64 and F10 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./