No system-config-display ?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 5 14:36:41 UTC 2009

On 05/12/09 08:56, Ed Greshko wrote:FWIW, I am pretty sure I was barking
up the wrong tree.....
> It seems that DESKTOP_STARTUP_ID is actually related to Xorg than
> anything else....and it is too late and I've got to get up too early to
> really delve into it.
>
> http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-latest.html
>
> It would seem that you've always started system-config-display as a
> normal user.  I'd be curious if you'd first "su -" if the same error
> would occur.
>
> Also, FWIW, there were several bugzilla's for various system-config-*
> utils with the same error message.

    I crawled out from under my 'lectric blanket at 03:00 to investigate
    this ...

    I "su'd" to root and the results were the same. It's a recognized
    problem and probably not worth further investigation at this time.

    Thank you.

    Bob