Getting rid of /boot

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sat Dec 5 14:48:07 UTC 2009

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 14:04:05 +0000
Marko Vojinovic wrote:

> That said, if one does not work in multi-platform software development, I
> totally agree that cluttering the disk with all that stuff is very ugly, at
> the very least. These days virtual machines are much cleaner and easier to
> maintain than multiboot setups.

Yea, but the reason we made a multi-boot system at work was to compare
the performance of real hardware to virtual machines. Running testbeds for
for our tools (especially the debugger) seems to disclose lots of funny
behavior (especially on what is now an older version of xen). KVM seems
to be much less screwy. I definitely think upgrading the old xen machine
to a newer OS and kvm will be something we want to do soon.