Tiff files frmo xsane arent usable in windows

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Dec 7 05:40:27 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 05:03 +0000, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> Problem is, that
> windows user, nor me on a windows box here can open these files?

Can you open the files on a Linux computer?  If so, then the files are
fine.  At that point you need to find a good tiff file viewer (or
whatever) for Windows.  Which isn't a Linux issue, actually.

If you need a different format you could look at using imagemagick
convert or maybe even something like tiff2pdf or tiff2ps depending on
what you want.  Once you have a pdf or ps file you could use pdftk or
psnup (and psmerge and friends) to create "books" of your images, if you
want.

(As an aside, I tiff2pdf as part of a handler script/program for mgetty
fax management.  The users get their faxes as a pdf file that's emailed
to them.)