Grub2, /boot, and lvm

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:18:31 UTC 2009

Hi Tom,

2009/12/7 Tom H <tomh0665 at gmail.com>

> >From Suvayu Ali (in the "Getting rid of /boot" thread)
> > Could you please point me to the documentation for this? I would
> > really like to read up more and understand what limitations/advantages
> > I might have as I have been waiting for this to be included since F10.
>
> Sorry Suvayu. Just remembered that you had asked for this info.
>
> This is from the Grub 2 wiki:
> http://grub.enbug.org/LVMandRAID

Thank you Tom, its much appreciated, but you forgot that you have
already posted that. :)

I went through it, and was trying to find whether the grub in Fedora
is capable of that.

$ grub --version
grub (GNU GRUB 0.97)

Even in the F12 repos, I saw the grub version is 0.97. Whereas the
link says Grub needs to be 1.95 or higher to boot from a /boot on an
lvm. Does that mean Fedora is yet to include that capability?

This thread has been very enlightening so far. :)
--
Suvayu