Ath9 regression in latest kernel?

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:24:59 UTC 2009

Since I updated to kernel-2.6.31.6-162.fc12.i686 on my EeePC 1000
netbook, Wifi has become so unreliable as to be virtually unusable. Lost
connections, dropped frames even when pinging the local AP, endless
browswer waits while "Resolving host ...". The same AP supports 1 iMac,
a Mac Mini, 3 laptops and about 6 iPhones, all with no problems, but I
reset it anyway just in case, to no effect. I've spent a couple of days
fraking around with NM before deciding to try rolling back to
kernel-2.6.31.6-145.fc12.i686, which immediately solved all the
problems.

The chipset is an AR928x. Had anyone else seen this? I'll BZ if
necessary.

poc