Should I upload coredump files to bugzilla?

Andre Costa blueser at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 22:48:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

just installed F12[*], and every now and then abrt pops up saying some app
misbehaved and asks me to report the problem. I always do so (3 bugs so far
in only 2 days using F12), but it sometimes generates *huge* coredump files
on /var/cache/abrt/*/ (Firefox alone generated a 359M file, workrave just
generated a 15M file). My question is: would Bugzilla even allow me to
attach such files? Is there any point in keep allowing coredumps? I'm
seriously considering uncommenting

#*               soft    core            0

on /etc/security/limits.conf to stop this "coredump-fest" -- it takes quite
sometime to generate them, and AFAICS it seems to be pointless.

Is this (limits.conf) the best approach to turn off coredumps at all?

Regards,

Andre