Fedora 12 on Sun Blade x6250

Marcelo M. Garcia marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 9 11:06:51 UTC 2009

Hi

I'm trying to install Fedora 12 x86_64 in a Sun Blade x6250 with PXE
boot but the installation hangs when loading Anaconda, both in graphical
and text mode. I'm using the Sun management tool (Sun eLOM) to do the
network install, maybe Fedora requirements are to high to this tool, but
does anyone knows a work around?

To test the text mode, I just added the word "text" to the end of line
"APPEND" in pxelinux.0 file, like:
LABEL Fedora 12 x86_64
         MENU LABEL Fedora 12 x86_64
         KERNEL images/Fedora/12/x86_64/vmlinuz
         APPEND initrd=images/Fedora/12/x86_64/initrd.img
ramdisk_size=100000 text

Thanks

Marcelo