Question about Backing up with tar

kevin kevin at kevinslair.com
Thu Dec 10 06:10:42 UTC 2009

Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 10Dec2009 00:16, kevin <kevin at kevinslair.com> wrote:
> | I would like to know if this will work with fc9:
> |
> | # sudo su
> | # cd /
> | # tar cvpzf backup.tgz --exclude=/proc --exclude=/lost+found
> | --exclude=/backup.tgz --exclude=/mnt --exclude=/sys /
> |

> See rsync's manual page. Read it a few times.

I will give that a read.
Thank you!
Kevin

Mail Service Provided by:
Kevins Lair, Ent
mailto:kevin at kevinslair.com

Think before you print.

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected
by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of
this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.

All outgoing e-mail is scanned for virus and potentially hazardous material