Delay measuring

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Dec 10 07:46:26 UTC 2009

Hi,

for a long time now firefox annoys me now and then with second-long
delay when entering a new URL in the URL-bar.

I am pretty sure this is some kind of system resource it waits for or
some other process. Is there any sane way to start an application and
measure all those wait syscalls to see what resource causes this delay?
Something like a strace wrapper script or so...

I hope someone understands what I mean ;)

regards

Christoph