Universal drive adapter -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Dec 10 15:07:17 UTC 2009

    I bought a new gadget, a "USB2 Universal Drive Adapter" which does
    essentially what an external drive box does but it is not limited to
    SATA drives,

    On the F-12 computer it shows up in lsusb and I can see a drive at
    /dev/sdc with fdisk [sdc1] and it shows up as Linux and LVM.

    Is there a way to make it list the contents of the drive?

    I tried mounting it with "mount /dev/sdc1 -t ext3 /mnt/hdtest" which
    I created for the purpose but that doesn't satisfy it. It produces a
    stock error message "wrong fs type, bad option, etc."

    I've only tried that one old IDE drive so far. Any suggestions
    appreciated.

    Bob